Master of Theological Studies: Marriage and Family, Magna Cum Laude
John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family, Washington D.C., August 2016 through May 2019
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
University of Maryland College Park, August 1997 through August 2001
Independent Study Abroad Year: Edinburgh College of Art, Heriot-Watt University; Edinburgh, Scotland, October 1999 through July 2000
Family Ministries Intern
Truro Anglican Church, June 2018 through August 2019
Worked with the Family Ministries team to support summer activities for elementary aged, middle school and high school-aged students. Planned curriculums and activities for children’s programs. Planned and assisted with middle and high school Bible studies, discussions, and activities. Supervised and supported middle and high school students on beach trip and week-long mission trip with The Philadelphia Project. Assisted with planning, class supervision, and the arts and decoration committee for Genesis Arts Camp.
- Secretary of the (Anglican) Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic – current
- Member of the Standing Committee of the Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic, three year term ending 2023
- Individual ministry – provide spiritual and prayer support for women in marriage crisis or ongoing difficulty.
- Small group member – Covenant Keepers, Inc. online small group member since 2015.
Volunteer Experience, Truro Anglican Church
- Small group leader – Truro Standers Prayer Group, 2015 to present.
- Adult education – Have taught and currently am teaching, a series on John Paul II’s Theology of the Body.
- Alpha volunteer – small group host, small group helper, task force member, and intercessory prayer team, organized and hosted Alpha for Seniors at Sunrise Senior Living, 4300 George Mason Blvd, Fairfax VA, June-August 2013.
- Healing prayer – member of the Truro Prayer Ministry.
- Small group facilitator – for St. Paul’s Theology Center courses and Signs of Love, Truro Adult Education class.
- Kid’s and Youth ministry volunteer – Small group leader for 6th grade girls (August 2019 through June 2020), volunteer with youth mission Trip (July 2018 and 2019), Sunday morning children’s programming.
Teaching John Paul II’s Theology of the Body
- Taught Introduction to Theology of the Body for Truro Anglican Church adult education, September 21 – November 16, 2020.
- Presented a breakout session at the 2019 Eighth Day Symposium titled Eros and the Mystery of God: On the Body, Sex, and Asceticism, held in Wichita, Kansas at St. Mary Orthodox Christian Church. The paper written for that session can be found here.
- prepared material and taught one-day teaching conference for the Baptist General Association of Virginia (BGAV) campus ministry leaders in July 2017
- Taught Sunday morning adult education series on John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, September through December 2017
Instructional Assistant, Fairfax County Public Schools
Lanier Middle School, 3801 Jermantown Road, Fairfax, VA 22030, August 2018 through June 2019
Supported individual special education students and small groups in grades 7 and 8 in Math, English, and Science self-contained special education classrooms. Assisted in other school related activities, such as field trips and SOL support. Substituted in classrooms as needed.
Westlawn Elementary School, 3200 Westley Rd, Falls Church, VA 22042, August 2009 through June 2016
Supported individual students and small groups in grades K-4 with special education, general, and ESOL needs. Worked with students with a wide variety of academic and behavioral needs. Developed meaningful and effective working relationships with students, teachers, and the larger school community. Acquired extensive experience with the FCPS elementary curriculum, particularly in language arts and math. Led math groups as well as reading groups using the Jan Richardson reading group format, which included training and experience with taking running records. Used graphics skills to develop graphic organizers, prompts and visual aids. Assisted in other school related activities, such as bus, kiss and ride, lunchroom duties, WIDA testing and SOL support. Substituted in classrooms as needed.
Substitute Teacher, Substitute Instructional Assistant
Fairfax County Public Schools, April 2008 through August 2009
Attended schools throughout Fairfax County to fill Teacher and Instructional Assistant positions in various grades and subjects at the Preschool, Elementary, and Middle School grade levels, including completing a long-term Instructional Assistant assignment at Lorton Station Elementary School in the Autism class and helping with 4th and 5th grade students in 2009. Particular interests were Special Education (including Preschool Autism Class) and Art. Followed schedule and lesson plans as provided by classroom teachers and assisted as needed in other school related activities, such as bus and lunchtime duties.
Drawing and Figure Drawing Instructor, Genesis Arts Camp
Truro Church, Fairfax, Virginia, June 2015, Aug 2016
Taught basic drawing classes, including figure drawing, still life, and creative drawing using media such as pencil, charcoal, pen and ink, watercolor and markers to 6th-9th graders in classes ranging from six to eighteen students.
Arts and Crafts Instructor, Good News Camp
Truro Church, Fairfax, Virginia, July 1992, 1993, 1994
Taught arts and crafts to children in classes of twenty to twenty five students ages six to twelve years old. Organized lesson plans and obtained materials. Supervised counsellors-in-training.
Other Work Experience
Assistant Landscape Architect
North Lanarkshire Council, United Kingdom, January 2005 through January 2008
Participated in a variety of projects on sites throughout the county. Contributed at all phases of design and implementation. Prepared complete range of contract drawings and written contract documents. Collaborated with clients and consultant professionals. Provided design assistance and amendments as required, including changes to site layout, bespoke detail design, and choosing of materials. Preparation of freehand sketches and image boards as part of initial project planning and client presentation. Initiated site visits and coordinated with clerk of works and contractor representatives to address site issues during construction phase of projects. Maintained orderly files of all project documentation. Commented on landscape and external environment issues in local planning applications.
Assistant Landscape Architect Summer Intern
GreenHorne & o’Mara, Germantown MD, June 2001 through September 2001
Assisted with design adjustments to a 284-unit housing development as required for final planning approval. Plans amended included lot layout, grading, planting, and forest conservation. Conducted initial environmental assessment for proposed elementary school location. Performed office duties, such as making copies and deliveries.